During the event CZ Loko as will showcase the Diesel locomotive EffiShunter 1000, intended for shunting and line service. The locomotive is equipped with alternating power transmission (AC/AC) from the diesel engine to four powered wheelsets. For optimum use of the locomotive‘s power, the asynchronous traction motors are individually powered and controlled. Parameters of the vehicle are optimized for station shunting and for heavy operation on industrial sidings, e.g. in metallurgical, mining and petrochemical sectors with the possibility to perform line service.
Advantages and Benefits
- high reliability
- low operating and maintenance costs
- electric AC/AC power transmission
- individually powered traction motors
- environmentally friendly operation
- modern concept and design
- application of unified solutions
- high comfort and operator safety
- excellent visibility
- spacious and safe platforms for shunters
- service period: 30 000 km / 2 months
The undercarriage of the locomotive comprises two double-axle bogies with individual drive of all wheelsets. The traction motors are nose-suspended on the axles using rolling bearings.